Sandesh is a daily newspaper, published in the Gujarati language, from the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Said to be the first Gujarati newspaper in the state of Gujarat the first edition was published in pre-Independence India, in the year 1923. Today the paper has seven editions in the cities of Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Vadodara, Bhuj, Surat, Rajkot and Bhavnagar. There is also a weekly edition of the paper published from Chicago. With a readership of 10.35 million, the paper figures in the nineteenth position in the list of most read newspapers, and the second most read Gujarati newspaper, according to the Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2017. The paper has had run-ins with various politicians over the years. Bahujan Samaj Party President (BSP), Mayawati, was allegedly featured in the paper, in a derogatory cartoon, for which the paper had to face prosecution. Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray has also criticised the paper for preferring to highlight the contribution of Gujaratis to Maharashtra, rather than that of Marathis.
Media Companies / Groups
The Sandesh Ltd.
Sandesh Newspaper is owned by The Sandesh Limited. The Sandesh Limited is a Listed company in National Stock Exchange. Shares of this company is divided among five individual promoters (23.48%), three Promoter Companies (51.33%) and Public (25.19%).
Among Individual Promoters Mr. Falgunbhai C. Patel owns 6.95% share of The Sandesh Limited, his wife Mrs. Pannaben F. Patel owns 3.24% share, his son Parthiv Falgunbhai Patel owns 13.15% share and Ritaben C. Patel owns 0.14% share. Hence the Patel family owns 23.48% direct share of The Sandesh Limited.
Among the Promoter group Companies Satyesh Prochem LLP owns 41.83% share, Saintfoin enterprise LLP owns 3.95% share and Scabious Enterprise LLP owns 5.56% share. Shares of all these three companies are not available but Mr. Falgunbhai C. Patel and his son Parthiv Falgunbhai Patel are the only partners of all the three companies, hence it can be inferred that both father and son are the main beneficiaries of these companies and through these companies own additional 51.33% share of The Sandesh Limited.
Patel family in total owns 74.81% share of The Sandesh limited and remaining 25.19% shares are owned by Public.
Group / Individual Owner
25.19 shares of The Sandesh limited are listed in National Stock Exchange and owned by public - both individuals and companies.
Affiliated Interests Founder
No known affiliated interests were found on Nandlal Bodiwala.
Affiliated Interests Ceo
is the Chairman & Co-Managing Director of Sandesh Limited, the company that publishes the Gujarati news daily, Sandesh. He is a Commerce Graduate, and has done his Advance Management Studies in the USA. An experienced hand in Print Media, Patel has affiliated interests in the field of Chemicals, Real Estate, Investments and Stockholding. Some of the companies that Patel is a Director of are: Sandesh Digital Private Ltd, Autumnleaf Estates Private Limited, Dhanali Enterprise Private Limited, Satlon Enterprise Private Limited, Dhanali stock holdings Private Limited, Abad Adarsh Investments Private Limited, Sarvatra Chemicals Private Limited, among others He is also partner in Satyesh Prochem LLP, Sandesh Procon LLP, FSR Infracon LLP, Saintfoin Enterprise LLP and Scabious Enterprise LLP.
is the son of Falgunbhai Chimanbhai Patel. He is also the Managing Director, and Executive Director of Sandesh Ltd. He is a Graduate in Business Finance from the U.K. He is also the Director in 24 other companies including Sandesh Digital Private Limited, Satyesh Brinechem Private Limited, Autumnleaf Estates Private Limited, , Satlon Enterprise Private Limited and a Designated Partner in Satyesh Prochem LLP, Sandesh Procon LLP, FSR Infracon LLP, Saintfoin Enterprise LLP and Scabious Enterprise LLP.
Affiliated Interests Editor-In-Chief
is the Editor of Sandesh newspaper. See above for more information.
THE SANDESH LIMITED
‘Sandesh Bhavan’, Lad Society Road,
B/h. Vastrapur Gam, P.O. Bodakdev,
Tel.: +91 (079) 40004000
Fax: +91 (079) 40004242
Revenue (in Mill. $)
Operating Profit (in Mill. $)
Advertising (in % of total funding)
The Sandesh Limited is a Listed company for which most of the data related to the outlet and the company was available through Annual report 2017-2018 and Ministry of Corporate affairs website. However, there is no much information available on Patel family members. Not much information is available about the Founder of the newspaper, except the name. The company was written to, by email on 13 May 2019 and a courier on the same day, seeking clarification on data collected, and details on missing data. A response is awaited.