This is an automatically generated PDF version of the online resource retrieved on 2024/07/15 at 11:51
Global Media Registry (GMR) & Data leads - all rights reserved, published under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Data leads logo
Global Media Registry

Dainik Bhaskar Group

Dainik Bhaskar Group

D.B Corporation Limited is a listed company founded in 1958 by Ramesh Chandra Agarwal father of Sudhir, Girish and Pawan Agarwal who currently own the company. The company publishes six daily newspapers which are Dainik Bhaskar (Daily Sun), Divya Bhaskar (Heavenly Sun) Divya Marathi, (Heavenly Marathi) DB Star, DB Post and Saurashtra Samachar (Saurashtra News) as well 10 periodicals: aha! Zindagi, Bal Bhaskar, (Young Sun) Dharmdarshan (Religious Tours), Kalash, Lakshya, Madhurima, Navrang, Rasik, Rasrang and Young Bhaskar.

The company also owns 94.3 MY FM radio network with presence across 7 states and 30 Tier II and Tier III cities of India. The company operates 9 Digital portal and 4 mobile apps as well. D.B Corporation Limited owns educational institutions like Danik Bhaskar School of Media Education, Sanskar Valley school and Abhivyakti Kala Kendra.

The company owns a shopping mall in in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh named DB city Mall. Mr. Sudhir Agarwal, Mr. Girish Agarwal and Mr. Pawan Agarwal are the directors of the company. The Agarwal family holds 69.82% shares of the company the remaining 30.18% share is owned by the public.

Key facts

Business Form


Legal Form

Private Limited

Business Sectors

Printing and publishing; Real Estate; Online; Education; Retail


Individual Owner


Shares held by public

Media Outlets
Other Media Outlets

Other Print Outlets

Divya Bhaskar (Missing Data)

Other Radio Outlets

94.3 FM (Missing Data)

Other Online Outlets


Media Business

Print and online

D.B corporation Limited (100%)


Real Estate

D.B corporation Limited (100%),


D.B Corporation Limited (100%)

Printing and Publishing

D.B corporation Limited (100%)

General Information

Founding Year


Affiliated Interests Founder

Ramesh Chandra Agarwal

was born on 30 November 1944 in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh. He graduated from Bhopal University with a Master’s in Political Science. In 1958 he started Dainik Bhaskar. He was the Chairman of DB corp Limited since its inception, which publishes Dainik Bhaskar, a Hindi daily newspaper. Ramesh Chandra Agarwal was also the Chairman of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry – Madhya Pradesh. He was awarded the Rajeev Gandhi Lifetime Achievement Award in Journalism and ranked 95 on the Forbes list of India's Richest in 2012, Ramesh Chandra Agrawal passed away in 2017.




Head office

Dwarka Sadan, 6 Press Complex, M.P. Nagar, Zone-1,

Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. 462011

Corporate office

501, 5th floor, Naman Corporate Link, Opp. Dena Bank, C-31,

G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400 051

Registered office

Plot no. 280, Sarkhej, Gandhinagar Highway,

Near YMCA Club, Makarba, Ahmedabad - 380 051, Gujarat.


Tax/ ID Number


Financial Information

Revenue (Financial Data/ Optional)

INR. 23.52 Million/ USD 360.68 Million

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

INR. 3.245 Million/ USD 49.755 Million

Advertising (in % of total funding)

INR. 16.42 Million/ USD 251.84 Million / 70%


Executive Board

Mr. Sudhir Agarwal

Managing Director

Non-Executive Board

Mr. Girish Agarwal

Non-executive Director

Further Information

Data Publicly Available

ownership data is easily available from other sources, e. g. public registries etc.

2 ♥

Meta Data

DB Corporation Limited is a publicly listed company. Most information is easily available in the public domain. The exchange rate for calculating the financials for this company is based on March2018. The MOM team sent an email request to the company seeking all the information on 19 March 2019 and Courier on 22 March 2019. The team has not yet heard back from the company.

  • Project by
    Logo of Data leads
    Global Media Registry
  • Funded by