This is an automatically generated PDF version of the online resource retrieved on 2024/02/21 at 15:01
Global Media Registry (GMR) & Data leads - all rights reserved, published under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Data leads logo
Global Media Registry

The Quint

The Quint is an English and Hindi language news website, owned and operated by Raghav Bahl and his wife, Ritu Kapur. The Quint was initially launched on Facebook in January 2015, and as a website later in March 2015. The Quint was also the first mobile based news service. The website is a bit different from other mainstream news websites. The site has a unique way of interpreting the news with sections like Quint Rant, Documentaries, Quint Review and Explainers. The website also has a few other sections including Webqoof, a fact checking initiative, a fitness microsite, and Neon, which is a lifestyle section.

Key facts

Audience Share

Missing Data

Ownership Type


Geographic Coverage


Content Type


Data Publicly Available

ownership data is easily available from other sources, e. g. public registries etc.

2 ♥

Media Companies / Groups

Quintillion Media


Ownership Structure

The Quint an online news portal is owned by Quintillion Media Private Limited. RB Diversified Private Limited owns 99.90% share of Quintillion Media Private Limited and remaining 0.10% share is owned by Raghav Bahl.

98% shares of RB Diversified Private Limited is owned by Raghav Bahl and 2% shares of the company is owned by his wife, Ritu Kapur.

Hence, through RB Diversified Private Limited Raghav Bahl and Ritu Kapur own 100% shares in Quintillion Media Private Limited and “The Quint” online news portal.

Voting Rights

Missing Data

Individual Owner

Media Companies / Groups

General Information

Founding Year


Affiliated Interests Founder

Raghav Bahl

is the Founder of The Quint – a digital news platform. Raghav Bahl is an entrepreneur and investor. He has also seeded,,,, among others. Raghav Bahl has started his carrier as Management Consultant for AF Ferguson and American Express Bank. Bahl has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from St. Stephen College, University of Delhi and MBA from Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi.

In 1993 Raghav Bahl launched his own television company. He has also founded Network18 which is India’s one the biggest media conglomerates. In 1994, the World Economic Forum called him a Global Leader of Tomorrow and he has won India’s Sanskriti Award of Journalism. He has also won several other awards including, All Indian Management Association’s Media Person of the Year award and Bombay Management Association’s award for Entrepreneur of the Year. He is also an author and published books like Super Power? The Amazing Race Between China’s Hare and India Tortoise, Modi – Leadership, Governance and Performance and Supereconomies: America, China and the Future of the World.

Affiliated Interests Ceo

Ritu Kapur

See above for more

Affiliated Interests Editor-In-Chief

Sanjay Pugalia

is the Editorial Director and the President at Quntillion Media Private Limited, and is in charge of The Quint Hindi. He was earlier the Editor-in-Chief of CNBC-Awaaz, a business news channel from Network18 Group. In earlier roles he has been the Director of Star News, Executive Editor of Zee News and Deputy Executive Producer at AajTak, India Today Group’s Hindi news television channel. Pugalia has a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Sciences.


403, Prabhat Kiran

17 Rajendra Place

New Delhi – 110008

Financial Information

Revenue (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Advertising (in % of total funding)

Missing Data

Market Share

Missing Data

Further Information

Meta Data

Not much information available on the management. The financial information of the outlet is not available. The financial and shareholding information of the company is retrieved from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. An email and courier have been sent on 18 March 2019 to the company requesting for the information and awaiting a response.


  • Project by
    Logo of Data leads
    Global Media Registry
  • Funded by