This is an automatically generated PDF version of the online resource retrieved on 2024/06/14 at 04:40
Global Media Registry (GMR) & Data leads - all rights reserved, published under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Data leads logo
Global Media Registry

Republic TV

Republic TV is one of the top ranked English news Television channels in the country. The channel is founded and owned by Arnab Goswami, former Editor-in-chief of Times Now, another English news channel. The channel is known for no-holds-barred debates, often loud and cacophonic, led by the face of the channel and anchor – Arnab Goswami. The channel has been on the top of the ratings for a long while. Some of the popular shows of the channel are: Nation Wants To know, Anupam Kher's People, R. Access and Patriot Sunday Debate With Arnab. Republic has now launched a Hindi language channel called “Republic Bharat”.

Key facts

Audience Share

Missing Data

Ownership Type


Geographic Coverage


Content Type

Free-to-air / Satellite + Cable

Data Publicly Available

ownership data is easily available from other sources, e. g. public registries etc.

2 ♥

Media Companies / Groups

SARG Media Holding


Ownership Structure

Republic TV is owned and managed by ARG Outlier Media Asianet News Private Limited. ARG Outlier Media Asianet News Private Limited is a Subsidiary company of SARG media holding Private Limited which holds 99.99% shares of ARG Outlier Media Asianet News Private Limited.

Hence SARG Media Holding Private Limited is the parent company of Republic TV Mr. Arnab Goswami and his wife Samyabrata Goswami are co-founder and also the Promoters of SARG Media Holding Private Limited. The husband wife duo holds 70% and 23% shares respectably, which stands together 93% share of the company. The remaining 7% share of SARG Media Holding Private Limited is owned by Ajay Rameshchandra Garg who is an investor in the company.

Voting Rights

Missing Data

Individual Owner

Group / Individual Owner

Ajay Rameshchandra Garg

Ajay Rameshchandra Garg is the investor at SARG media Holding Private Limited which owns ARG Outlier Media Asianet News Private Limited. He is the Managing Director and founder of Equirus Capital, an investment Bank. He is described as ‘veteran investment banker and worked with DSP Merill Lynch (1996-2002) and other investment banks. Equirus provides services in investment banking, institutional equities and wealth management.

Media Companies / Groups

General Information

Founding Year


Affiliated Interests Founder

Arnab Goswami

is one of the co-founders of Republic TV, which is an outlet of ARG Outlier Media Asianet News Private Limited. Mr. Goswami is the Director of ARG Outlier Media Asianet News Private Limited. The company is a subsidiary company of SARG Media holding Private Limited which is again founded and owned by Mr. Arnab Goswami along with his wife Samyabrata Goswami. Arnab Goswami is the son of Late Manoranjan Goswami, who was an Army officer and a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

Affiliated Interests Ceo

Arnab Goswami

For more information see above

Affiliated Interests Editor-In-Chief

Arnab Goswami

For more information see above


NBW Building, Wadia International Centre, Bombay Dyeing Compound, PB Road,

Worli, Mumbai Mumbai City MH 400025 IN


Financial Information

Revenue (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

Missing Data

Advertising (in % of total funding)

Missing Data

Market Share

Missing Data

Further Information

Meta Data

There is little information available on Samyabrata Goswami. The data regarding share holding pattern, Directors etc. were collected from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website. An email was sent to the company on the 2nd January 2019, and followed up with a courier on the 1st February 2019, seeking confirmation of data collected about the channel and the company. There has been no response to this communication from the Company.

  • Project by
    Logo of Data leads
    Global Media Registry
  • Funded by